This is a diary of what I cook and what I eat.

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Caramel Cheesecake

I write now in my new year diet phase, one which I undoubtedly assume is shared by many right now given the general tendency for everyone to overindulge over the Christmas and New Year period.  Yet, I am blogging about something which was made prior to those celebratory chimes.  

I made a rather un-festive caramel cheesecake, this was from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook and the recipe can be found at luellas Bakery blog. 

http://luellasbakery.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/chocolate-caramel-hazelnut-cheesecake.html 

This recipe was absolutely fabulous and the only comment I would have is that be prepared to use cream cheese which has a high fat content as the basic toffee part of the cheesecake for me was so runny it had to be cooked first for a little while and then I put the much thicker chocolate mix on top.  I think this, as I desperately backtracked through my baking, was due to me purchasing some own brand stuff which just wasn't thick enough.  

So sadly I cannot consume anything of this sort at the moment, well until my diet breaks but this will definitely feature somewhere along the line, perhaps if I reach goal weight I'll need a treat?

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

    This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

    For more please visit:
    http://tastyquery.com

    TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

    In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete