This is a diary of what I cook and what I eat.

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Pork chop with cauliflower puree

Not been blogging as often recently because I have been busy with work but I hope that I will have more time to tend to my rather flagging blogging soon.  Particularly as my lack of blogging means serious decline in readers which is the ultimate goal really.  I have cooked some fantastic things and just haven't had the chance to write about them and so I move on to the pork I ate this evening.

The rather anaemic looking white stuff underneath the pork, I assure you this is down entirely to my lack of decent camera, is the cauliflower puree and it went beautifully with the salty pork.

serves 2
2 pork chops
salt and pepper
half a head of cauliflower
200ml whole milk
a splash of double cream

Really simple this one: Cook the cauliflower on low for 20 minutes in the milk, not allowing the milk to boil.  Blend and reserve.  Grill the pork on a really high heat, ensuring the pork is well seasoned.  Add the double cream to the puree and gently re-heat.  Serve however you like! So, so simple but if your meat is good quality it is delicious.  I poured the juices from the pan over the top as well but you could make a bit more of a gravy.  I had some broccoli on the side as well, from my organic riverford veg box

2 comments:

  1. yummm

    I'm loving your blog, I'm following!

    Would love you to enter my amazing GIVEAWAY- to win a pasta making course and meal with wine for two:

    http://thoroughlymodernmilly5.blogspot.com/2011/02/best-gievaway-yet-ida-restaurant-pasta.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a great dinner idea. And I am thinking a cauliflower that maybe isn't very pretty anymore (sitting in my crisper) would work wonderful for this creamed creation, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete